Thursday, February 3, 2011

Autumn palette challenge.

Since I finished my no-clothes project at the end of 2010, I have been wanting a sewing challenge. I like the structure of a challenge, I find it helps to keep me focused. So when Colette Patterns announced the Spring Palette Challenge I knew I had to be part of it. The only hick-up is that I live on the southern side of our world, meaning we are about to head into autumn, so my palette will be somewhat less bright than those of my northerly friends.

Never the less, I have spent hours planning my palette, and this is what I have decided on...


My challenge stats:
Palette: Navy, Wine, Grey, Olive.
Number of garments: Hopefully all of them, most probably five of them.
Commitments: Blouse, Cape, 2 Dresses on the left, and the Scalloped Jacket and Skirt combo.
If things go really well: I might have all of these finished by the end of Autumn.

To see other sewers palettes, visit the forum here. If you too are interested in being part of this challenge, upload your own palette and let me know. I would love to see what you make!

Sam xox

1 comment:

  1. Hello Sam, lovely to meet another Sydneysider :) I actually just moved here from NZ (and when I say just, I mean mid Feb last year, so now almost a year ago though it doesn't feel like its been that long...).

    I was thinking about doing the Colette challenge for Autumn too :) Though I desperately need a new machine first, I don't want to spend so much time making something that isn't going to last because of my silly machine.

    Well, I'm still making friends here at the moment (it's very hard to make friends in Sydney I've decided!) so if you ever want to meet up/have a sewing afternoon let me know, I would love too :)

    XX
    Jen

    ReplyDelete